How to Find Your Best Hair Color
Choosing the right hair color for your dark skin can be extremely difficult. With so many different shades to choose from, it can be hard to know which color is best. But there's no need to worry - we're going to help you out. In this article, we will discuss how to find the best hair color for dark skin tones and why colored wigs are the best way to update your hair color. Whether you are looking for a new hair color or just want to learn more about the options available to you, keep reading!
Skin Tone Vs. Undertone
Your skin tone, also known as your complexion, is determined by the amount of melanin in your skin. Melanin is a pigment that gives skin its color. The more melanin you have, the darker your skin will be.
Your undertone is the hue that comes through your skin. There are three main undertones:
- Warm (yellow or golden tones)
- Cool ( pink or red tones)
- Neutral (mix of pink, red, yellow, and golden tones).
How to Find your Skin Undertone: Three Ways
For a long time, people thought that dark-skinned girls couldn’t wear certain hair colors (like blonde and ginger), but we know better now. When it comes to choosing the right hair color, one of the most important things to consider is your skin’s undertone. Here are three ways to determine which skin undertone you have:
Method 1: Paper and a Mirror
For this skin undertone test, all you need is a sheet of white paper, a mirror, and natural lighting. Hold the paper up to your face, and take a close look at your skin in the mirror. If you see subtle yellow or green tones coming through your skin, you have a warm undertone. If those tones look pink or blue, you have a cool undertone. And if you’re somewhere in between, you have a neutral undertone.
Method 2: Wrist Veins
You can also find your skin undertone by looking at your wrists. If your veins look blue or purple, you have a cool undertone. If they look green, you have a warm undertone. And if you can't quite tell, you have a neutral undertone.
Method 3: Clothing
Lastly, consider what colors look best on you. If you look good in gold and orange hues, then you have warm undertones in your skin. If silver and blue tones compliment your complexion well, then you have cool undertones. And if you can wear both types of colors equally well, then you probably have neutral undertones.
Best Hair Color For Your Skin
Are you ready to choose the right hair color for your skin? Then, this is the section for you. Here are some of the most flattering hair shades for you to choose from based on your unique undertones:
Hair Colors for Warm Undertones
1. Auburn: This rich, red shade is perfect for adding a pop of color to dark skin. It looks especially beautiful against warm golden undertones.
2. Honey Blonde: This shade is for anyone who wants to go blonde, but isn't into super high-impact blonde shades. It adds a touch of warmth and dimensionality to your mane for instant interest.
3. Dark Chocolate: If richness is more your style, you can't do much better than dark chocolate. It brings all the drama!
4. Chocolate Brown: This classic shade is a low-maintenance girl's dream. It's incredibly flattering for anyone with warm undertones.
5. Strawberry blonde: Go strawberry blonde to lighten up dark tresses and play up the warmth in your face in a wearable way.
Hair Colors for Cool Undertones
1. Black: Once you go black, all eyes will be on you. It's the perfect accompaniment to your gorgeous cool undertones.
2. Dark Brown: You just can't go wrong with dark brown. It enables you to darken up without going too bold.
3. Platinum Blonde: Platinum blonde will instantly boost your self-confidence and give you a tangible edge! And since you've got cool undertones, you're well-able to rock it!
4. Ginger: Ginger always looks amazing with dark skin; combined with your cool skin undertones, you're sure to stun! Opt for this shade if you want to look fiery.
5. Beige blonde: Beige blonde brings a pale sandy vibe to your tresses. If that's what you're about, this is your shade.
Hair Colors for Neutral Undertones
1. Copper: Copper shades elevate your neutral skin undertones in a huge way. Rock this tone if you're looking for something sultry and sexy.
2. Ash Blonde: If you've got neutral undertones, ash blonde is soon to be your jam. It will give your face a beautiful brightening effect. But don't forget that you can rock any shade of blonde.
3. Metallic Ginger: If you want to make a real statement, go metallic ginger! This shade is 100% out of this world - you won't get very far before several people ask you "who did your hair?"
4. Gray: We're sure you've seen gray hair plastered all over your Instagram feed, Facebook wall, and all over social media. It's a sight to behold and it looks amazing on dark skin with neutral undertones.
5. White: The contrast between dark neutral skin and white hair is just stunning. If you want to go truly unique, give this shade a try.
Update Your Hair Color With a Quality Wig!
There's no need to color your natural hair anymore. Wigs offer a convenient way to change up your look with no commitment and no chemical damage to your natural hair. Plus, wigs come in a wide range of shades, so you're sure to find the perfect one to suit your unique skin tone.